Marari The Miracle Chin...




Yesterday Aaron and I where cleaning the outside of our house while having a bonfire and walking in and out of the garage. Well in my travels in and out I see a baby chinchilla with his head stuck through the kennel lifeless. My heart just broke, I carefully took his lifeless body out of the cage carefully pushing his head back through the fencing on the cage. I set him on the counter and walked outside and told Aaron, Isabelle, Laurel, and Mom Carr that bad news. I walked back in the garage to get him and throw him to the birds and to my surprise I see a little foot kick. Now chinchillas or "kits" are born active, eyes open, and with fur. So I pick up the body and start to warm it up 2 hrs later she started squeaking. Now this morning Marari, meaning miracle, Is bouncing around. Unfortunately, her eyes are not open. I have been reading some breeding websites to see it this means she is blind and the only thing I have found says that some times the birthing fluid dries on their eyes and cements them shut. So today Aaron and I are going in to town to get saline solution and see if we can't get her little eyes open. All in all she is doing great and we will keep you up dated. For all who are wondering this brings me up to 6 chinchillas. (Aaron is a great husband but I think he might kill me if anymore come.....)

0 comments:

Post a Comment